“We’re pleased to announce our latest project: StarCraft II! The epic interplanetary battle between the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg will take on new dimensions in this sequel to the classic real-time strategy original. With new units and functionality for each race, upgrades to several familiar units, and a powerful 3D engine that supports explosive fast-paced combat between massive armies, StarCraft II will be the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game.
Highlights of StarCraft II include:
- Tightly balanced competitive real-time strategy gameplay that recaptures and improves on the magic of the original game
- New units and gameplay mechanics that further distinguish the Protoss, Terran, and Zerg races
- An all-new 3D engine that supports fast-paced play with realistic physics, massive units, and massive army sizes
- A groundbreaking single-player campaign that continues the epic StarCraft story
- A powerful map editor that puts the tools used by the game’s designers into the hands of players
We’ll be revealing much more information about our plans for StarCraft II in the months ahead, so please stay tuned to www.starcraft2.com for the latest updates.”
Check out the StarCraft 2 page for news, screenshots, artwork and trailers. From what I’ve seen, I really think SC2 will be a hugely successful game. I sincerely hope Blizzard doesn’t let us down, we’ve been waiting for this game for quite some time now. Let’s hope for the best!