Here’s yet another list of Firefox tips to help you save time and get things done a lot faster.
- To quickly find any word in a web page type /word it will highlight the word and press Ctrl+G to find that word again.
- If you wish to remove an item from your Address Bar drop down menu, highlight it without clicking and use Shift+Delete.
- Clear your Download history to make the download manager more responsive (Tools -> Options -> Privacy).
- Type about:cache?device=disk in your address bar to view/save items that you have in your Firefox disk cache.
- Type about:cache?device=memory in your address bar to view/save items that you have in your Firefox memory cache.
- Drag any link to the Download Manager Window to add and download the link.
- If you accidentally delete a bookmark and want to recover it, open the “Bookmarks Managerâ€ and use Ctrl+Z, or Edit -> Undo.
- Double clicking empty space on the Tab Bar will open a new tab.
- Holding down the Ctrl key when you right click to â€œView Imageâ€ or â€œView Background Imageâ€ will open the image in a new tab or new window.
- A bookmark in the Bookmarks Toolbar Folder can also be dragged & dropped in order to change its position but you must hold down the Shift key while dragging.
- To prevent a website from replacing/changing your rightclick context menu go to Tools > Options > Web Features then click Advanced and deselect â€œDisable or replace context menusâ€.
- You can work offline in Firefox just go to File -> Work Offline. This means that you can browse your previously visited pages even when youâ€™re offline.
- You can bookmark the current page by dragging the icon from the location bar to your Bookmarks folder. You can also drag it to the desktop to make an icon for that page.
- To stop animated gifs from moving, press Esc.