Windows Add or Remove Programs is fine, but not fine enough. It sometimes leaves traces of uninstalled programs in various places on your hard drive, some of which might occupy quite some space. Space that could be put to a better use. Introducing ZSoft Uninstaller: a freeware utility that does a better job of completely eliminating all traces of the software you want to uninstall. But it does a lot more:
- Analyzes an installation so it can be completely uninstalled (also supports reboots of the computer as the process is split into two: Before and after the installation)
- Finds and delete temporary files
- Deletes entries from programs that are no longer installed
- Hides Windows Updates
- Hides entries from the list that you are never going to uninstall (drivers etc.) making the list smaller and therefore easier to manage.
- Shows more information than available through add/remove
- Automatically finds entries from programs that are most likely already uninstalled
- Automatically finds entries that are considered “crap-ware”
Download ZSoft Uninstaller here.
Source: BARRY’S BEST BLOG